2018 Annual Survey Research Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA, THE UNITED KINGDOM, AND THE UNITED STATES ONLY.
1. Introduction. The 2018 Annual Survey Research Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is sponsored by The Nielsen Company (US), LLC, 85 Broad Street, New York, NY 10004 (the “Sponsor”) and is offered in conjunction with the Harris Poll Online panel (the “Harris Panel”) and the Pinecone Research panel (the “Pinecone Research Panel”). Void where prohibited. All federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Timing. The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2018 and ends on December 31, 2018 ("Sweepstakes Period"). For purposes of the Sweepstakes, the terms “Quarterly Period” and “Bi-Weekly Period” are defined as follows:
- • “Quarterly Period” shall be comprised of the following calendar quarters:
“Quarter 1” – January 1, 2018 to March 31, 2018;
“Quarter 2” – April 1, 2018 to June 30, 2018;
“Quarter 3” – July 1, 2018 to September 30, 2018; and
“Quarter 4” – October 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
- • “Bi-Weekly Period” shall mean the specific periods as set forth below:
All dates begin at 12:00:01 a.m., Eastern Time ("ET") and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Sponsor's clock determines time.
3. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is offered electronically on the Internet via polls, questionnaires, surveys, online focus groups and other market research activities and programs offered, provided, hosted, or administered by the Sponsor, the Harris Panel and/or the Pinecone Research Panel (collectively, "Research Activities"). The Sweepstakes is offered to natural persons and legal residents of Canada, the United Kingdom, and the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who were directly contacted and invited to participate in the Research Activity associated with this Sweepstakes and/or current members of the Harris Panel and Pinecone Research Panel at the time of entry. The United States Armed Forces and all legal territories of countries included in these rules are eligible for the Sweepstakes. Residents of Canada, the U.S., and the U.K. must be 13 years of age or older to participate. Canadian residents must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, if selected as a potential winner, in order to claim prize. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Harris Panel, Pinecone Research Panel, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, each of their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouse) and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules.
4. How to Enter. There are multiple methods by which an eligible entrant may enter into the Sweepstakes as set forth below (each, an “Entry Method”). By completing an Entry Method, each eligible entrant becomes an “Entrant” in both the (1) Quarterly Period drawing applicable at the time of such completed Entry Method and (2) the Bi-Weekly Period drawing applicable at the time of such completed Entry Method.
- • For each participant that is directly contacted and invited to participate in a Research Activity associated with this Sweepstakes (including without limitation members of the Harris Panel or Pinecone Research Panel), you may enter the Sweepstakes by following the link in your invitation to the Research Activity, and completing the Research Activity (the “Research Activity Entry Method”). Individuals will receive one entry for every survey completed during the Sweepstakes Period.
- • For each participant that is a member of the Harris Panel, you may enter the Sweepstakes at the official HIpoints website (the “HIpoints Trade-In Entry Method”). For individuals wishing to enter via the HIpoints website, entry will be permitted at a value of 200 HIpoints per each entry.
- • If you do not wish to enter by either the Research Activity Entry Method or the HIpoints Trade-In Entry Method, you may enter the Sweepstakes by printing on a 3 x 5 inch (or 7.5 x 12.5 cm) piece of paper your name, street address, city, state or province, zip or postal code, telephone number, complete email address, and, (a) for an entry in lieu of the Research Activity Entry Method, also write “Research Activity Entry Method” or (b) for an entry in lieu of the HIpoints Trade-In Entry Method, write “HIpoints Trade-In Entry Method” and your HIpoints website Username, and for each mail-in entry send such completed paper in an envelope with proper postage to The Nielsen Company (US), LLC, c/o PineCone Research, 250 East 5th Street, 9th Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45202, Attn: Karen Scott. Each mail-in entry must be in a separate postmarked outer envelope. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or postage-due mail/entries. Handwritten entries must be postmarked by the last day of the applicable drawing period and must be received within seven (7) days thereafter. No facsimiles or mechanical reproductions of entries allowed.
- • For each Quarterly Period Drawing: Grand Prize: (1) $4,500 USD prize, awarded in a check made payable to the winner. (Total ARV for all Quarterly Period Drawings: $18,000 USD)
- • For each Bi-Weekly Period Drawing: Grand Prize: (1) $500 USD prize, awarded in a check made payable to the winner. (Total ARV for all Bi-Weekly Period Drawings: $13,000 USD)
6. Selection of Winners.
- • For each Quarterly Period there will be drawing to determine the winner of the Grand Prize for such Quarterly Period. The winner will be determined by random drawing conducted by Sponsor from all eligible entries received during such Quarterly Period, to be held on or about (3) weeks following the end of the applicable Quarterly Period. All drawings will take place at or before 5:00pm EST at The Nielsen Company (US), LLC, 250 East 5th Street, 9th Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45202. All winners will be named at 5:00pm EST at the same location.
“Quarter 1” – January 1, 2018 to March 31, 2018; DRAWING DATE 4/23/18
“Quarter 2” – April 1, 2018 to June 30, 2018; DRAWING DATE 7/23/18
“Quarter 3” – July 1, 2018 to September 30, 2018; DRAWING DATE 10/22/18 and
“Quarter 4” – October 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018; DRAWING DATE 1/21/19
- • For each Bi-Weekly Period there will be a drawing to determine the winner of the Grand Prize for such Bi-Weekly Period. The winner will be determined by random drawing conducted by Sponsor from all eligible entries received during such Bi-Weekly Period, to be held on or about one (1) week following the end of the applicable Bi-Weekly Period. All drawings will take place at or before 5:00pm EST at The Nielsen Company (US), LLC, 250 East 5th Street, 9th Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45202. All winners will be named at 5:00pm EST at the same location.
Entries will not be rolled over into subsequent drawings. Members may win more than one drawing during the Sweepstakes Period provided they have entered for subsequent Quarterly Periods and/or Bi-Weekly Periods. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Notification. Potential winner is subject to verification, including verification of age. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate Entrant who will also be selected randomly, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been publicly announced. Winner will be notified by email within 15 days of the drawing. Winner will have 10 days from notification to accept the prize by email, and will be instructed whom to contact at that time. If winner is a minor, winner must provide signed parental or guardian consent, in a form provided by the Sponsor, within 10 days of receipt or any prize award will be void and may be forfeited. Prize won by an eligible Entrant who is a minor in his/her state or territory of residence will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner, or unsuccessful efforts of a winner who is a minor to provide signed parental or guardian consent. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address of any potential winner.
8. Publicity. Each prize winner (and his/her parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) may, at Sponsor's option, be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility, release of liability, and, where lawful, a publicity consent agreement, all within 10 days of acknowledged notification. Quarterly prize winners who are U.S. residents will be issued IRS 1099 forms for the value of the prize. Winners who are Canadian residents may be subject to withholding taxes and are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income tax. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to timely return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. By accepting and/or using prizes, winner agrees to the use of their name, voice, town, country, and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online or mail-in entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
9. Conditions. By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor, agents and representatives of Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; or (vi) any inaccurate or incomplete entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate Sweepstakes at any time and to award the Sweepstakes prizes to individuals selected at random from the pool of Entrants received up to the point of termination, if a computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or other technical problem of any sort corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the survey website, or who is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules.
10. Release and Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing): (a) to release and hold Sponsor and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy; (b) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connect with this Sweepstakes, or for any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, with resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Residents of the U.K.: Nothing in these Official Rules shall limit in any way any party's liability under U.K. law for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
11. Governing Law. By participating, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in New York, New York.
13. Winner List And Official Rules. To obtain a copy of the winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request to The Nielsen Company (US), LLC, c/o PineCone Research, 250 East 5th Street, 9th Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45202, Attn: Karen Scott. Requests must be received no later than three (3) weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Winners list will be sent when winners have been verified and prizes have been awarded. U.S. residents must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Apple, Inc. is not a sponsor of nor affiliated with this Sweepstakes.
Google Inc. is not a sponsor of nor affiliated with this Sweepstakes.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF QUEBEC ONLY, THE FOLLOWING APPLIES:
Litigation. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.